Thursday, December 17, 2009

Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Found the perfect, not too cold night to head down to Temple Square and see the beautiful lights. We did however pick a very busy night, but luckily Brad and Garrett were able to sneak up to the front to catch most of the story of Christ's birth at the Nativity scene. Although we've talked about this story for each of our family home evenings this month I think this experience was exciting for Garrett. Afterwards he exclaimed, "That was awesome!" I watched from a few feet back (seeing as the stroller was more difficult to manuver in a crowd). I could see how interested he was as the lights came onto each group as the story was told. Although it was crowded we definately could feel the spirit.
We all loved to look at the lights, but really Garrett was more interested in the water. Yep, water. He ran from fountain to fountain and couldn't wait to find another fountain. It was too funny. Embrie was such a good baby too! She seemed completely content to be strolled around the lights. She was happy, squealing and smiling.
I hope to make Christmas time a magical time for my kids. I want them to feel the way I felt when I was a kid. I still love Christmas time! I want to have all kinds of traditions for them to look forward to and enjoy. I am so grateful for the birth of my Savior Jesus Christ and that we was willing to come to this earth, live as an example and suffer the way that he did so that we can return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father again someday. And I am grateful that we celebrate it this time of year! It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

6 comments:

  1. I love the lights on Temple square. I wish we could go too! It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sneak peek. We're going next Monday and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss the lights. so pretty. i only have the glow of walmart to enjoy here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish that we could have seen the lights, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one of the saddest things about not living in SLC anymore. I have really missed our tradition of going to see the lights. It looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete