Monday, January 4, 2010

Time is my weakness!

Well it seems that making some goals are in order . . . I don't usually make new year's resolutions. I'm not sure why I don't. I guess you could say that I try making new goals for myself throughout the year as I deem it necessary, but that is not quite the same thing so I am going to try to make a list this time and really stick with it from Jan.-Dec.


* Well first on the list has to be running my first 5k, which I have signed up for and it takes place in 3 weeks.

Going hand in hand with that and definitely more challenging is the 1/2 marathon I plan to run in March. If that goes well I plan also to run one in May.

This is something I have wanted to do for years (since I got married probably), but I let the excuse of not having time to train get in my way. I like running for exercise, but I think as far as training and running the 1/2 I want to accomplish it to prove to myself that I can do it. I am nervous but Be tough!

* I am going to be better at attending the Temple. This is something that I also use time as an excuse for, but really what better thing can I do with my time? Most likely this means that Brad and I won't be going together very often but we'd better both get there regardless! The goal for now is to go every other month for sure. If I do this then I'll probably move it up to every month. How can I not take advantage of the Temple that is now 5 minutes from my house!?

* Spend more one on one time with my kids. Having 2 kids has made me feel guilty about not having that special one on one time with each of them. But I am going to be better at it this year. We need individual bonding time.

* Strengthen my marriage. (Not that it isn't strong, but there is always something more we can do right?) This means DATES. No more of this one or two dates a year! We must make time to go out or even stay in for a date once a month!

Wow as I write these things down I realize one thing they all have in common. TIME. Well all that tells me is that my main goal should be to Prioritise my time better! Who knows what I could get done if I did that!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you for making resolutions. You actually inspired me to post mine too... I just though you should know! Thanks for being so fun to work out with... I just think you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goals are definitely good. I need to be better about making more through the year and not just when the year rolls around. :) Good luck in your races! And have fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. time... isn't it amazing how much of it is wasted? love your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all....GREAT job at the 5K! You rock the house!!! Plus I had so much fun with you down in St. George! Second I would be happy to watch your kids when you want to go to the temple. I am trying to get a neighborhood baby-sitting for the temple set up, because believe me I want to take advantage of being so close too! It's hard to take Katy across the valley to my moms or in laws and them come all the way back!!! Ya know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete