Sunday, August 28, 2011

Kindergarten

Well it finally happened. Garrett started kindergarten on Aug. 22
I can't believe that he has grown up so fast. It seems like just yesterday when I was holding a tiny little baby boy in my arms.
He has grown to be a smart and very energetic little boy.

He picked out a Transformers backpack. Guess you could say he's into those these days.


For the first day we drove to school and Brad was able to go in late to work so that he could be there to drop him off too. After the bell rang the kids lined up and waited for their teacher to come out and get them. Garrett's teacher is Mrs. Titus. She seems very nice.


And there he goes! Wave good-bye to my little-big boy!


After I picked him up we went to lunch at his choice (McDonald's :) and then he picked out an ice cream cake from the ice cream shop to share with Dad later that night and celebrate his first day of school.


We've been walking to school every morning and he has been riding his scooter - for some reason not ready to go for the bike yet. Last Friday was a special day when the kids got to meet the principle at a nearby park and walk with him to school for health and safety. So far so good, I think we're going to like the kindergarten thing!

(My eyes were a little watery as we drove home, but to my own amazement I didn't bawl like a baby.)

No comments:

Post a Comment