Embrie's first season of soccer was fun and uh. . . interesting. Their team name was the Little Nemos. She had a team full of friends she knew well and the coach was her best friend's dad. They even held practices each Wednesday night. Who could ask for more, right?!
First of all I should state that not all of these pictures were taken by me (he he he). I've had a lot of people compliment me on the photos I somtimes share, but it is actually my friend Nickie who takes the good ones, you'll be able to tell which ones are mine by the quality of the photo. Nickie's daughter happens to be Embrie's best bud Bailey in the picture below.
So Embrie actually loved soccer. You wouldn't be able to tell on game day. She spent most of the game doing this. (see below)
and this...
And a little bit of this.
Every once in awhile she did this!
She did get in few good corner kicks and she had one good dribble down the field in one game, but for the most part she simply walked around. It was pretty funny. She would just get so shy at the games. Practice found her running around and kicking and all of it, but not on game day ha ha! But she was a cute little ball of bight orange out there anyway.
There was a team banquet and awards afterwards. Coach Oami handed out the trophies along with an action photo of each kid (in an orange frame) and an award where the coach told a cute story about them and why they were given that award. Embrie was given the "Oh... Alright" award because each time he tried to talk to her or encourage her to come and do something she would turn her back to him and look at the ground but once he turned away from her and did something else then she would follow him. Kind of like "well ok I guess I'll do it". This is petty funny cause she knows Oami and doesn't usually act that way around him, just at soccer!
This is by far the cheesiest grin I have ever seen her make, ha ha!





That is so fun...I'm bummed we didn't get Katy signed up this year. I guess having a baby is a good excuse. If you do this again, let me know...we'd love to participate! Love all the pics, Embrie makes me laugh.....she is such a cutie!
ReplyDelete