Friday, August 30, 2013

Garrett's 7th birthday

My little boy turned 7 .... like I have a 7 year old! what? why does that age make such a difference from 6? It's going by so fast. Well for his birthday dinner he really wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse (no really I didn't suggest it to him he picked it, I was happy with the choice ;)

The one thing he really really wanted was Skylanders Giants, since he doesn't usually ask for anything in particular we decided it was worth going for.

For his birthday party with his friends he wanted a Monster Truck party. Brad had surprised him earlier this year with a father/son night out to the Monster truck show and he loved it!

So the line up went like this: It was patterned after a monster truck show, where the kids would compete in turck events and awards would be handed out at the end of the party.

Each kid got to race their monster truck down the ramp in a race showdown.
(Brad made this ramp for the party, it turned out awesome! Way to go dad!)

The kids also competed in their own obstacle course, they got points for speed, and for preforming the special tricks without mistake.

They had a crusher challenge to see who had the most "smash" power on the piniata.

And they each colored, designed and named their own monster truck for the best of show part of the competition.



I think it went over pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment