Sunday, April 18, 2010

My little speed racer!

Back on the 10th of April I ran the Kiwanis 5k with a few friends. It was 2 weeks after the half marathon and I only got a few runs in before this race, so I wasn't too sure how I would do, but I thought it would be a fun one to do because they were including a Tough kids race. Garrett has been watching me train and was excited to watch me at the 1/2 so I thought he would like to have a race of his own to participate in.

As for my race I can't complain I ran it a 1 1/2 minutes faster than my last 5k. My time was 27:07. I was hoping to make it back in good time because the kids races would start 30min. after my race and I wanted to be there to run with him. So Garrett was my motivation.


Explaining to Garrett how the race would work.




And here he is giving me a kiss on the cheek before the race. What? yes he did give me I kiss on the cheek! I love these kisses from him. I don't get them a lot because lets face it, boys don't go around kissing their moms all the time.










He was pretty excited to have a kids race that he could do. I think he was smiling the whole time.

All of the kids got a medal and he is very proud of his! I was pretty proud of him too!









4 comments:

  1. I CANT wait until Katy can run with me! That is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I bet he had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picS. Garrett and Mom are going to be in the future marathons toghter?!
    Love you Randi
    Mom

    ReplyDelete