Saturday, May 8, 2010

Seven Years Ago . . .

. . . . Brad said Yes!

Ha Ha! that is kind of a Joke. For those of you who are wondering if I proposed to him, close, but no I just wore him down until he gave in and proposed to me. ( A good story for another time)

I always say that I knew I liked Brad and wanted to date him from the first time he spoke to me. And for those of you who know Brad you know those can be rare moments! ;) But that is when I began to see who he really was and how awesome he is.

May 9, 2003

Bountiful Temple









I've learned a couple things since marrying Brad.
1. I 've come to realize that I've married my complete opposite.
- I talk too much, he talks too little
- the foods I like most are the foods he doesn't care for
- I like to dance to music in the car - he tries to hide when I do this so that
people don't know he is with me
- I like to talk to people, he often prefers not to
- He can tell the make/model of a car from 100 ft away with no hints I am still trying to remember which car we have ;)
. . . the list goes on
2. I've come to realize that it is probably a good thing (sometimes) that I married my complete opposite.
- fighting really doesn't happen- he has never yelled at me- it is hard to yell at someone who isn't yelling back (this is not to say disagreements don't happen)
- he is very patient
- if I am going to be talking alot it is a good thing he is there to listen, right?
- Having a social wife sometimes makes him be more social too (I think this is a good thing)
. . . the list goes on




I am glad that he showed up to the temple that day! ;)
I am glad that we are married in the temple.
I am glad that we have two amazing, beautiful children and that they got some of his good traits.
I am glad that I married a good man, a good father!
I am glad that I married my best friend.
I guess you could say I'm a pretty lucky girl!

5 comments:

  1. congrats! I think I am the lucky one to know your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't marriage the greatest institution? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What a cute post! (And Gavin hides when I dance in the car too. And turns off the radio... :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! And I agree that it's a good thing to have someone listen as you go on and on and on . . . I'm always doing that! I'm glad you found somebody so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! We are coming up on 7 yrs too this August. Jesse and I are opposite in a lot of ways as well, but I guess it works!:) By the way your kids are adorable. And I am glad you asked Jesse about our blog so that we can keep up with your family!!

    ReplyDelete