Sunday, July 25, 2010

24th Weekend

For the Pioneer Day holiday I convinced my friend Nickie to go with me to my home town of Cokeville, Wy. and run a 5k with me. It was the least expensive 5k we'd ever run, it was pretty but it was cold! Ha! you'd think having lived there growing up that I would remember that the temperature at 6am is around 40 degrees (yes even in the summer). I totally forgot to bring a jacket. The elevation is higher as well so it was a little bit more difficult on our lungs. But despite all that I was surprised to finish with a personal best! 26:26 Wish we would have gotten a race picture, but I guess you can only expect so much brain power at 5:30/6am.



We were there Thursday night through Saturday afternoon. So we got to do a few fun things before and after the race. This includes seeing the horses.

We got to feed them some grain.


pet them


Take a little ride.


We have one little . . .


Two little . . .


Three little Indians


threw some rocks in the creek



We went to a youth rodeo. And so that you are aware these are cute and fun but not nearly as exciting as an actual rodeo, but Garrett was very excited. He was bummed that he was not signed up for the muttin' bustin (which I honestly don't believe he would do even if he says he will) or the dumby cow roping, or stick horse barrel racing. I think that we will have to sign him up next year.
He found this rope under the bleachers and began practicing his routine for next year.


The next day after the race we went to the parade. Jared and his family were there too!
candy chasing extravaganza!


the only thing we missed was dad.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Haven't been back to Cokeville besides driving through since my parents moved away. Crazy. Miss the festivities and the people though.

    ReplyDelete