Wednesday, October 6, 2010

don't call me Martha but . . . .

. . . I made my first quilt all by myself! It's not perfect by any means, but I am proud of it anyway, being a self proclaimed non-sewer.
I'd gotten together with some friends not long ago to make a quilt for the sweet little daughter of a friend of ours. Her daughter was having heart surgery (again) but that is a whole other story. None the less while we were putting it together I decided that it wouldn't be too hard to do one of my own. (baby sized quilt)

So ta-da! this is the finished project.






More sewing coming up I am making Halloween costumes again... don't laugh ... they will be better than last years ;p

5 comments:

  1. CUTE Randy! Great job! I am impressed!!
    I need your email address, I don't have it so you can get into my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um.....I am totally super impressed! That looks great! Love it! Cant wait to see Halloween Costumes this year, I seriously need to see pics of last year after what you said! Ha. Cute spider idea too. I LOVE this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! You should have told me, I would have come qulited some sparkly toast for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors...it looks really good! I'm actually finishing up my first quilt too from a box full of fabric scraps. You could call it a crazy quilt I guess because there's not a lot of rhyme or reason to it. I hope to finish it up this week so I'll post pictures on my blog too! Great job! Your grandma Hila would be so proud

    ReplyDelete