Monday, March 14, 2011

sneaky sneaky

We're having issues with sneakiness at our house these days.
I really can't leave my kids alone together for 5 seconds, which unfortunately I am required to do because otherwise nothing would get done. Now it's not like this is new for them (and when I say them I really mean mostly Garrett and Embrie just goes along). But lately it is getting harder to handle.
Stuff like, but not limited to
:
- sneaking the bottle of bubbles into the corner and playing until they've all spilled

- sneaking candy or treats into the same corner -there is a corner dedicated to sneak practices- and getting chocolate all over ourselves so that we can't even hide the evidence, and of course, right before dinner.

- sneaking out of my room during quiet time so that I can fill up the bathroom sink with water and wash my stuffed animals (because I know mommy is painting in the basement and won't be able to hear from 2 floors away).

- (and my least favorite including major destruction and possibly dangerous activity) sneaking the scissors out of their secret place, taking sister's bows down and cutting them to shreds.



Embrie just follows Garrett around and does whatever he suggests and Garrett does these things I think because they are things he knows I will say "no" to if he asks. I have tried letting them do things that perhaps I would usually say no to thinking that maybe the problem is that I say no too much, but I can't trust them at those times either. Ahhh . . . the joys of growing up and discovering how much trouble we can get into. :)

Don't worry I still love them despite the sneakiness.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at that picture of the bows and flowers demolished, hurts my heart. :(

    ReplyDelete