Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mom Chsonicles #3

Nigh Owls

12:00am
- I hear crying as I come up stairs. Husband emerges from kids
room claiming to be innocent of the crime of waking up a child. Innocent until proven guilty I suppose.

1am - Finally get Embrie settled down after a tantrum due to being very tired
and needing to go back to sleep.

2am - I wake up to see Garrett standing at the side of my bed. He tells me he
has peed the bed in his sleep. I tell him that this is why mom and dad tell
them they should only have one small drink before bed and that they
should stop sneaking them. Clean up him and his bed. Return to my
room.

4:30am - I wake up to see Embrie standing at the side of my bed. She tells me
she has peed the bed in her sleep. I tell her that this is why mom and
dad tell them they should only have one small drink before bed and
that they should stop sneaking them. Clean up her and her bed. Return
to my room.

5:30am- Maren starts crying down the hall. First night in her own room.
I check on her and go back to bed. Although she hasn't had a night time feeding in a long time I think about going in and feeding her, maybe she isn't used to waking up in there and I don't know if she will wake up the other two.

7am - wake up Maren is crying. I worry thinking that she might have been crying all this time because the last thing I remember is thinking about going in her room an hour ago. -Call Brad. Apparently she stopped crying around 6am when he got up to get ready for work. Phew. I'm tired, but I still love them.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh...that really stinks! Endless "parties" at night just aren't fun when you're a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am laughing, but feeling pretty bad for you at the same time. You'd think Maren would be the one waking you up. It's funny because we tried to get a puppy once with chuck and he reverted back to peeing everywhere because he figured if the puppy was doing it so could he....wonder if the same idea is at work here? Either which way you have your work cut out for you....good thing you have a sense of humor about the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete