Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back to School!

My big first grade boy! I can't believe it.
I didn't cry for kindergarten but I definately had it a little rougher for 1st grade. 'He's going to be gone all day!' I thought. They spend more time away from home than home. Brad even said, "he's going to be away from home almost as much as I am." Geez. But don't worry I didn't cry in front of him and I am not even sure that Embrie noticed I cried on the way home. I told Garrett on the way to school that I was going to miss him so much, started to get choked up and decided I'd better quit that kind of talk.
The whole day it was on my mind. I almost cried at the grocery store too! The cashier was talking about my girls and said how fast they grow up so I said " I know my oldest started 1st grade today . . ." again decided to stop right there. ha ha I usually don't get too emotional but it was a funny day.


That is enough about me lets get down to Garrett's feelings.  I didn't realize that he was nervous about it until the day we met his teacher (day before school started). I thought, "oh he loved Kindergarten he'll be excited for this too." But he was nervous. However, once we left the room he was totally excited again. Turns out he was mostly worried about having a different teacher, but he has decided that Mrs. McMullin is really nice.

It is definately more quiet around here now during the day. Embrie is doing well without him though she does seem a little lost sometimes without Garrett to play with (and tell her what to do ;)  She's getting used to it.  He doesn't seem to be too tired when he gets home maybe a little more restless somedays and trying to get his energy out ( I didn't know he could get any wilder).

So far he is doing great with all his school work. I'm imressed with how easily he is learning and taking the transition especially with the day mostly gone and more homework to get done too. What a great kid. We sure love him lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment