Friday, March 1, 2013

A Merry Christmas

For the Christmas season this year we tried to do something different. Something to focus a little more on Christ and what he would have us do. The first FHE before December we talked about serving and how we can do this for Christmas. Our goal was to do 24 days of service. So we had a jar with slips of paper in it, and on each paper a different service idea be it big or small, the kids helped us come up with some of these ideas. And we tried to do one of those services for each day up to Christmas.
I didn't plan as much of it in advance as I wish I could have but I think its something that we'll try to do every year just as a reminder to us about our Savior and the REAL gifts of Christmas.

*****

Garrett and Embrie did their usual cookies for Santa. This is a big deal at our house, they love it.




*****

Just a few random Christmas morning shots...



Garrett and dad both got remote control helicopters




We're a lucky bunch it was a fun relaxing Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm going to have to get some of those service ideas from you! cute cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! I can't believe how big your kids are. Time flies!

    I love the cookie tradition of having the kids roll out the dough, etc. I'm going to do that next year. you've inspired me, Randi!

    ReplyDelete