Sunday, September 22, 2013

Summer Va-ca

For our vacation this year we went camping at the ranch, a 4 day trip.
There were a lot of fun things to do.  











The day that we left was Maren's actual birthday. She turned 2!!! 
So she was able to open a gift from Brad, the kids and I while we roasted marshmallows around the fire.



The kids (and Brad and I too) were thrilled to sleep in a camp trailer! I mean I don't mind tent camping but we haven't tried to sleep all 5 of us in our tent and it was tight with 4 so we're probably due for a new one.
But this was really exciting for the kids.

It was Maren's first time sleeping outside of a crib and first time sleeping with another person (me). She did fine, the first night was a little rough but she got the hang of it after that.


The next day, when more of our family joined us at Bear Lake we had a little party for Maren and opened gifts from the rest of the family.


When I asked Maren earlier on what she wanted for her birthday she said "Pink" ... well ok that is fairly straight forward. So she had pink cupcakes to share with everyone! 
(you'll notice a big scratch on her cheek she got from falling the night before, dang! its still a scar months later, ouch!)




Everyone had lots of fun at the lake.


 And everyone got to ride the horses around a little bit. 
Embrie is our animal lover, she was eating it up!

The last day was spent shooting skeet, and then going to Minnetonka Cave, near bear lake.
I was excited to take my kids here because I loved it when I was a kid. It's 800 stairs, up and down, round trip in this cave. I would say I got a pretty good work out carrying my 2 yr. old. Feel the burn in those calves! The kids thought it was pretty cool (despite the grumpy look on Garrett's face). 


Wonder what next year's vacation will be....

No comments:

Post a Comment