Sunday, November 29, 2009

Giving Thanks

This week has been a bunch of traveling but a lot of fun with family. Things started out on Wednsday throwing a surprise party for my mom's 50th birthday. Luckily things turned out well, she was surprised and had fun. Then we had Thanksgiving dinner with the Niederhauser side of the family. We went out to dinner this year which was a little different, but different doesn't have to mean bad right? Dinner was good and we didn't have to prepare the meal or clean up afterwards! Nothing beats Thanksgiving at home, but this was fun to do for a change. We then went to visit some of the Watson bunch for pie and then went to my brother Jared's house for football and what else? more pie of course! The next day we travelled back up to Cokeville to prepare for Kalvin's talk in church (aka mission report). We had more fun over the weekend with family and then on Sunday (today) Kalvin spoke. He did such an awesome job! He prepared so hard for this talk and really wanted to get his message across. He spoke about Charity and it was very powerful. More than one person came up to me to tell me that it was the most powerful missionary talk they'd ever heard, including their own children. So I guess that is a pretty big compliment to Kalvin, or to the Lord since the Lord had molded him over the last couple of years. Then we made the round trip back home tonight. Hoping now for the kids to have a good night's sleep.
I have so much to be thankful for! I am truly blessed beyond what I deserve. I am so thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ without Him I am nothing and I have nothing.
Here is a great talk that I got from another blog ( a cousin of mine). It is a great reminder of thankfulness for us moms!

http://ldslivingmagazine.com/articles/show/1262

No comments:

Post a Comment