About Kalvin: He has also changed in stature. He has grown and inch and if possible lost 16 lbs. But he looks great. His voice sounds different but not in the way that you might think. He doesn't have a spanish accent. This he says is due to the fact that he always has an American companion. He had no problem with telling us that he feels weird to be back. LOL The thing he says he misses the most right now is the Spanish Language. He wishes we could all speak it I think if we could that is the only way he would talk. He had trouble learning it at first but last night he was begging his nephews to give him any word and he would tell them what it was in Spanish. However, he has not lost his sense of humor which unfortunately for me means that he and Jared lost no time getting back to making fun of me. He wasn't to enthused about coming home but we are all glad to have him back! And he has missed two years of holidays but luckily he is back in time for all of them this time. :)
As you can see there was quite a crowd there to greet him at the airport. These are the only images that I got on camera before the batteries died. (dang!) Oh well.


Congratulations! That is so awesome!!! I bet your mom is so happy!!!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! I hope he adjusts well. When he decides he's ready to date I have the cutest 20-year-old niece I can set him up with. ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! I can't imagine what it must be like for them when they first come home. Tough stuff. But I'm sure he'll adjust just fine.
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting! I loved being at the airport to welcome home Vi and Tyson, and can't wait to do the same for Sulli in a couple years. Also, I think that even siblings are blessed by missionary service. I know they've been a great example to me and my kids.
ReplyDeleteOK... so I don't even know your brother Kalvin, but I am totally boobing over that video. That is so special! I am sure Garrett will remember that for the rest of his life. What a great example!
ReplyDelete