We got the chance to go with a group of friends to the Sweet Candy Factory and go through a tour there! It was pretty neat. We all had to wear a hair net as you can see. And of course when the little ones weren't convinced about wearing the nets what did our tour guide bribe them with? candy of course!
We learned a lot of interesting things about candy making. I am pretty sure I gained weight just being there! I will never forget the smell of the room where they dipped the candy in chocolate! I do not doubt what our tour guide said, "there are calories in the air!"
We loved looking at the big machines and seeing what each candy kitchen looks like inside, we also were intrigued by the pipes over our heads that were flowing with liquid candy! But I am pretty sure that Garrett's and Embrie's favorite part was the free samples we got along the way.
The tour was free but you can't leave the candy shop with out candy! :)

my attempt to get all three of us in this photo did not quite work as you see.
I want to go!! Hmmmm... sometime when I can eat sugar again :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Were there really calories in the air, or were they just saying that? I've always wanted to do a tour of some kind of candy making place...
ReplyDelete