Saturday, August 14, 2010

What a Chicken!




So about 2 weeks ago we went to 7 Peaks water park with most of Brad's family. This was a good time! All the kids had an absolute blast! Garrett was up and down the water slides non-stop and Embrie cried if she was in in the water in some way. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera and therefore don't have any fun pictures. I am pretty sure the adults had fun too, but I will tell you it is pretty crazy sometimes trying to keep an eye out for 8 kids in a busy place filled with water, but luckily no one was hurt! ;)
I seriously wish that I had the camera when Embrie fell asleep in my arms in the last slide line of the day. It was pretty cute to have her zonk out in her life jacket and all just as we're coming to our turn. But she did so good for not having a nap all day. She fell asleep at about 6pm but of course woke up for the ride home.
As for me I have to laugh at myself. My sisters-in-law had to talk me into going down one of the big speed slides, ya you know the kind, they pretty much drop you straight down. When we got to the top I kept looking at it thinking "who invented this stuff? someone with a death wish?" but I went down it and survived and after the first time I was willing to go again. Unlike the tube ride at bear lake (see previous post). As far as that goes I thought about dumping myself off in the first couple of seconds just to get it over with. Its the anticipation that kills ya! I just am amazed at all the crazy (fun, but crazy) things I used to go without thinking twice. LOL What makes us this way?
What about you? what do you think causes this? motherhood, old age, gradual blindness???

1 comment:

  1. I am also much more cautious as an adult than I was when I was younger. I think the fear of something as simple as a broken arm becomes much larger for somebody responsible for three small people every day! I DO NOT need to be out of commission!!!

    ReplyDelete