The race started up near the trail head for Mt. Timpanogos. I had never been up there before. But is was such a pretty canyon. So it was downhill for the first 5 miles. And I believe I have been spoiled by that and may never want to run another half that isn't. While I had several friends running I didn't have anyone to match my pace with and so I ran alone. I was a little nervous that I wouldn't have anyone to push me along, but I am pleased to say that I pushed myself! This was a really good race for me. It wasn't until the 11th mile that I started to feel drained (much better than feeling it at mile 6 like last time). I may have been running without a person that I knew around but I was never alone. It was a huge race and there was always another costume clad runner around. So it wasn't lonely. Some of the costumes were great! Of my favorites : the 1st prize costume winner was Forrest Gump - there was also Tom Cruise from Risky business- yes and I mean the guy was wearing a a button down shirt, underwear and sunglasses.
Almost everyone that I knew that was running got a personal best and the girls who were running their 1st half did better than they thought they would!
I beat my previous time by 11 minutes! my official time was 1:59:30. I am happy with that.
Here are the girls I started the race with!
Aubrey's mom, Me, Danielle (1st timer), Aubrey(1st timer), Amy, Nicole
Aubrey's mom, Me, Danielle (1st timer), Aubrey(1st timer), Amy, Nicole

My cousin's wives also ran, they are super awesome and were ahead of me by 10 and 5 mins. great job ladies!

My costume, which I picked because it would be easy to run in and because if I ended up being super slow I could say that I had warned everyone ahead of time ;)

again i'm amazed
ReplyDeleteYEAH! So fun thanks for the memories for sure! When I get a bit faster, we can run together! :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys are SO cute! Congrats you did awesome!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Randi! I love the costume...so cute :) -Kamie
ReplyDelete