Sunday, December 12, 2010

Temple Square

Salt Lake Temple
Temple Square Lights


The weather was actually warm (for December), it did rain on us a little but that wasn't too bad. We went early enough that we didn't have trouble parking and the square was not too crowded.


I am able to say that for the first time since having my children, we all were able to stop and watch the presentation of the birth of Christ in it's entirety. That was nice.






From there however . . . . and I hate to say this about a tradition that I love, but man it was rough! We should've brought the stroller. I don't know what I was thinking. Usually Embrie likes to walk around and does fairly well staying by us, but not this night. She wanted to go whichever way she wanted and this was a problem because Garrett didn't want to walk as slowly as she does and therefore was already ahead of all of us choosing a path of his own. We truly struggled with these two all night. After a few temper-tantrums (I mean laying on the wet ground rolling around and crying) and rain coming down harder. We gave up before we saw everything and just headed home. Ha Ha! Oh well right? I am NOT giving up though! we've had a good time every other year and I won't let this taint my idea of Temple Square Lights!!!

After we got home and in our pj' s we had some hot chocolate and marshmallows and that helped us all get into a better mood.

1 comment:

  1. Hey half of the lights turned out, sounds like! Ha! Oh and I love the hot chocolate idea, chocolate always makes everything better. We totally need to get down there while it's still so warm!

    ReplyDelete