Monday, January 31, 2011

Girls just want to have fun!

It doesn't matter how old you are, this statement is true. It's funny, I find that most of the women that I associate with feel the same way: that yes they are getting older but they don't feel a day older than 25 (though I have to admit that some of them haven't even reached that yet). I am glad I am not alone in this and I am glad to see that I am also not the only one that doesn't want to always act my age either, which I think is totally appropriate in this situation. ;O
(I was sooo excited to go, I love my family but it's been awhile since I had a little break.)

The 2nd annual trip to St. George to run the 1/2 Marathon and 5k!
First hours there found me shootin' some pool. I'm not trying to say that I am good though I played with a few that were pretty awesome, who knew I had a few pool sharks for friends? the things you learn on a girl's get-away.

Nickie and I trying to act cool although we probably had the longest game of pool ever at one point we just couldn't get anything to go in.


Now these girls surprised me! they know their stuff!
Heather & Jena

playin' a few games and staying up way to late on a race night




And of course lots of food (sometimes on vacation you feel like you are eating all the time, but hey at least I didn't have to cook or clean up)
Sheena, Susie, Jenny, Amy, Mandy, Emily, Angela, Laurie
Sonja, Heather, Shamie, me, Sandi, Nickie, Jaime, Jena


quite a few flames as well as shrimp throwing (which by the way I caught in my mouth first try)


and then a little pampering, ha ha yes -no holds barred- on the photo's what happens in St. George sometimes stays in St. George but occasionally a few things leak out . . .


Sandi, Laurie, Nickie, Heather, Sheena, Amy, me, Mandy, Shamie

and while a few of us were getting 'masked' another few had other plans . . .
do I smell an intervention??? (sorry little inside joke going on there)

Emily, Jena, Susie
very resourceful costume making going on!


lovely ladies!
Jena & Susie

they definitely showed us some new uses for licorice! who knew!
Emily

and then things really heated up in a battle of "truth or dance- catch phrase" yes I know it sounds made up- that is because it mostly was. The best!


Jenny showing us her moves!


Susie- Oh my! :)


and although she tried to hide it . . .


Sonja couldn't help but let out wild side with a little pole dancing! *wink*
totally kidding, but it was a great high kick!


Seriously needed break! So much fun. I love everyone of you! Thanks for putting up with me. On the last morning I totally woke up with a sore throat that I am sure was from talking too much and too loudly.

4 comments:

  1. Good times For SURE! Thanks Randi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the weekend! So much fun! I am so glad that I came.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun with you Randi! You are the BEST!!!! Hey I have been meaning to email you some photos, but since my hotmail got hacked and I cant get in there can you get me your email again? I think it's mopstop4@hotmail??? Let me know and I'll shoot you an email!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you just made me miss my girlfriends so much! What a fun evening and break! I always feel like a better mom when I can get away.

    ReplyDelete