It is a hard thing to thank the mother's in your life. This is because there is no way to do it properly. I think I always fall short of doing it justice. I picked up some quotes that help me express the feelings that I have about the women in my life who have inspired me so much!
My mom Sheri . . . .
"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." ~Honoré de Balzac
I admit it. I am not the perfect child (shocking right?). But no matter what I have done or said in the past I know there are at least 3 people who have forgiven me unconditionally. My Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ, and my Mother. And to be honest I don't know how she does it sometimes.
"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" ~Milton Berle
She has to be and always has been one of the busiest people I know. She never turns down anyone who needs help. In fact she is one of 3 people who have taught me the most by example how to serve others.
"A mom reads you like a book, and wherever she goes, people read you like a glowing book review." ~Robert Brault,My mom has a habit of thinking the very best of me no matter if I deserve it or not.
(on a side note: isn't she such a fun Grandma?!)
(on a side note: isn't she such a fun Grandma?!)
"I cannot forget my mother. She is my bridge. When I needed to get across, she steadied herself long enough for me to run across safely." ~Renita WeemsI know the some of times she has sacrificed her own needs for mine or my brothers. But I know I don't know all of them!

My Grandma Judy . . .
"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." ~Tenneva Jordan
This quote instantly brought my grandma Judy to mind. She does for others all the time without giving thought to herself or what she wants. In fact, she'll read this right now and say "Oh that's not true." But I tell you it is!
(This is another one of the 3 who have taught me the most about service.)
This quote instantly brought my grandma Judy to mind. She does for others all the time without giving thought to herself or what she wants. In fact, she'll read this right now and say "Oh that's not true." But I tell you it is!
(This is another one of the 3 who have taught me the most about service.)

"A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled." ~Emily Dickinson
She has always been there for me when I needed to talk about anything. I have gotten some of the best advice from her.
"Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother."~Beverly Jones
I am amazed at how much energy she has! With 4 great grandchildren she never shows to them how tired she is as they are asking her to play.
She always has your favorite drink in the house for those times when you stop by. Since she has two children and 5 grand children plus other people she knows, loves and takes care of, it's a good thing she has more than one fridge.

My Grandma Watson . . .
"There is an instinct in a woman to love most her own child - and an instinct to make any child who needs her love, her own." ~Robert Brault
My grandma Hila passed away shortly after Garrett was born. And so I cherish this last picture that I have of her holding him.
(Last but not least in the trio of people who have taught me most about service.) She always welcomed all as her own.
(Last but not least in the trio of people who have taught me most about service.) She always welcomed all as her own.
"Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together." ~Pearl S. BuckShe would let you know if you were out of line, even if you didn't want to hear it. But she also gave you praise and love whenever you needed it.
"There's nothing like a mama-hug." ~Terri GuillemetsShe gave the best hugs, put on some great parties, was a great cook, had lots of life stories to tell and did more genealogy work than anyone I know!

My mother-in-law Peggy . . .
"Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials." ~Meryl Streep
My mother in law is another one of those mom's who takes little thought for herself. She has been known to send us home with extra groceries even after she has spent the week feeding everyone in the family.
I am so glad that she raised my husband. She has helped make him the wonderful man that he is today.

"It's not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it." ~From the television show The Golden Girls
My kids love her. She is always thinking of her grandchildren and picks up something special for each of them.
My kids love her. She is always thinking of her grandchildren and picks up something special for each of them.
What about my mother-hood? Well I have a lot to learn still. Another thing that I don't do well enough is appreciate every precious moment with my children. They are the most amazing little people in my world.
I can only hope to take away a piece of each of the lovely women in my life! To make me a little bit like each of them would help me be closer to the mom I want to be.
Here are some quotes I liked and a few pictures of good mommy moments.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman
me and Garrett
I used to think that I didn't want to be like my mother. It might surprise her to hear . . . I take that back.

"A mom forgives us all our faults, not to mention one or two we don't even have."~Robert Brault
I keep finding that just when I think my kids have done something wrong, it usually stems back to something I have done, not them.
I keep finding that just when I think my kids have done something wrong, it usually stems back to something I have done, not them.
I love these kids and the one on the way soooo much! They give me more purpose in life, and more reason to improve than anything else!

And an extra shout out to all the women in my life, friends and family. I have been blessed to be surrounded by the very best of women in the world!

I know this wasn't written for me but it did touch my soul and my heart!!! I love you Randi!!! Happy mothers day to you!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this post!!!!! I love all your quotes and all your pictures!!!! Thank you for sharing all these great words and moments with us. Definatly looks like you have some pretty great examples in your life. I appreciate the mother that I see that you are. I love that you have so much love for life and are so caring of others.....and from what I know of your mom (the few times I've met her) looks like you are turning out just right! Oh and you are pretty good at making me laugh or putting a smile on my face!
ReplyDelete