Ok so everyone knows its going to happen someday. You just don't ever picture it actually happening, right?
So a couple of days ago . . . drum roll please . . . . I . . . turned . . .
30
ahhh!
So a couple of days ago . . . drum roll please . . . . I . . . turned . . .
30
ahhh!
and I lived to tell the tale :) . It is just kinda funny cause deep down in the back of mind I knew I would turn 30, but there was that part of me in denial that says "What? I never thought this day would actually come!" Not that I had any morbid thoughts of death before 30, I just thought I would be in my 20's forever (obviously in denial there).
And although I can feel the difference maybe a little I think I am going to survive this age thing.
I saw a fantastic greeting card that I adopted as my new birthday moto:
"Being 1 day older only matters if you're a banana"
And although I can feel the difference maybe a little I think I am going to survive this age thing.
I saw a fantastic greeting card that I adopted as my new birthday moto:
"Being 1 day older only matters if you're a banana"

amen to that right? I mean I don't have any age spots yet! varicose veins and permanent bruises aside. (yes that part is true, but thats another story coming soon to a post near view!)
So I was taken out to lunch with some of my family. It was very much enjoyed and I had a nice sunshine day and was able to relax through it.

Now I can sit back and watch the years roll by without dreading another birthday until I turn 40.
I love the bananas thing! And really, 30 is NOT old. I used to think it was, but now that I'm there, it's no older than being in your 20s, right? Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteI really like that motto for sure. Ha, it makes me laugh because 30 is SO young, but like you....I can only really picture myself in my 20s. Steve turns the big 3-0 this year and I think that one will come as a shock because he keeps telling everyone he is 23. I guess if you act like a 23 year old then you are ok there right? You don't look a day over 20 for sure, and you are only as old as you act....so as long as you can have fun you'll be young forever. And because I have met your mom on several occasions, and I think you are very similar.....you have a good head start on all the fun having!
ReplyDeletePS your grandma is so CUTE! Love all the pics!
30 isn't that bad, huh? ;) You can feel good by knowing that I will always be older than you. I am glad you had a great birthday.
ReplyDelete