Thursday, December 31, 2015

Infirmities

Maren tore the skin off her toe (which I previously mentioned, don't run around outside without shoes).
 
Embrie had an increasingly alarming reaction to a flu shot. Probably because for the first time ever she decided to totally freak out while getting the shot. And when I say totally freak out that is probably an understatement. Anyway... the medicine had a hard time spreading through her body and we had to get some advice from the dr. office on how to deal with it.
 



Garrett spent a night in the ER ... for who knows what reason! He had a severe stomach pain for 3 hours at home until we were unsure what to do. Finally we took him in they treated him, but we never found out what was wrong. However, due to no sleep that night he got to stay home from school the next day.
 
 
I was in the midst of training for a half marathon that I really was looking forward to, and the beginning of Women's Stake Volleyball, which I also love ....
 
The 2nd volley ball game of the season found me with a torn calf muscle and for no good reason! I don't even have an amazing story to go with it. Why do I have to be getting old? Long story short I had to sell my spot in the race. I walked around on crutches for a week and limped with it wrapped for another 5 weeks after that. Then a total of 9 weeks later and several rehab exercises passed off  I have been able to get back to some regular activity. Guess it's time to make up for all those nights sitting around with ice cream... :)
 
 
While Brad also enjoys the aches and pains in his back from being in his late 30's he can claim to not have a major injury to speak of... lets keep it that way!


No comments:

Post a Comment