Thursday, December 31, 2015

Summer 2015 finale

I feel like we really took advantage of our summer this year maybe we decided not to take our 6 weeks for granted. With year round school you never know when you'll end up with 3 weeks instead.

Here are our final activities....

My brother Kalvin got a surprise birthday party from my sister in law Morgan.
He's such a goof ball! It did allow us to get a sibling picture.


 
We took the kids to Antelope Island (which none of us had been to except for Brad). It was actually really fun to see the "old sheep farm" I am a huge fan of old buildings and artifacts. I love the feel of history they leave behind. They loved playing in the sheering barn, my little sheep. We took a hike ( a pretty steep one since I am a go big or go home hiker) and checked out the buffalo.
 

 





And here are some random pictures that I took of the kids this summer that just make me smile!
 
Kids enjoying the IHC employee and family party :) yay for face painting!

 
Maren running around without shoes on and tearing the skin off her toe, ouch!

 
Another hike, one that started out with the whole family, but dad and the girls headed back early while Garrett and I kept exploring to find a hidden water fall.
 
 
$1 movie with our friends the Johnsons!


 getting caught in the rain
 
 
 My little entrepreneurs and their summer sucker stand (they made them!)
 
My kids just might be weirdos. Their  love of learning about wild animals inspired this "National Geographic" moment where they pretended to be predators catching and eating zebra....hmmm. Should I be concerned?
 
Chore day! Weeding the garden. Get to work kids!

 
Garrett's final day of school in July was field day (here with friend Keaton)! Maren and Embrie helped me keep the 3rd graders in line.



 
and finally... washing every bike, scooter, wiggle car etc. from the garage. We like to keep it clean around here. 
 
Happy Summer!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment