
First, for one thing we haven't missed a day in 2 months! Second, Garrett loves family home evening! We used to have a hard time getting him to sit still and listen and now we've even had him ask if we can do family home evening on other nights. He loves picking the songs, lessons and activities out of the jars himself. The stories aren't long and we usually have at least one picture or prop ready for each one. Third Garrett had started this phase of not wanting to say the prayers himself and I put all of our names in a bowl (since it worked for the rest) and have him draw who says the prayers. He even tries to pick his own name! He is excited when we say prayers! Fourth Here is where my testimony has really grown on this topic. I think most of you know how it feels sometimes while putting the kids to bed everyone is going haywire? Well a lot of times by the end of the day my 3 year old (who has stopped napping) is wound way up and bouncing off the walls while his tired parents struggle to just get them bathed and in bed. Garrett is usually fighting his exhaustion by tormenting his baby sister and she has had it too so she is crying. Brad and I are trying to keep our patience. (Hopefully I am not the only one who goes through this routine or this could get embarassing.) Well on the nights when we have family home evening there is more peace in our house than any other night. Things run more smoothly and we all enjoy it. I can feel a peaceful spirit in our home and it is truly a relief. I had a testimony of Family Home Evening before and I've always known it is important for preparing our family against many things they will face, but this has really taught me something more, something I didn't expect. I am sure that I never want to fall out of the habit again because I can see how much our family is learning and growing from it!


Thank you for the reminder. :) Anything worthwhile always seems to take a little more work, but it seems to pay off. AND. . .getting my kids to bed at night is the same. Once they are asleep in their beds, I finally relax. I guess it is my time to regroup for the next day. And watching my kids sleep, I am reminded of how much to truly do love being a mother, even though it can be taxing at times.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great idea! You are such a cute & fun mommy!
ReplyDelete