meet the wood tick!

Combing out Embrie's hair the other morning this is where I found him. Firmly attatched to my child's scalp where he was proceeding to drink her blood. Muaahhaaahhaa!
I've delt with these before, but it has been a long long time and I was a little shocked and slightly freaked out finding one on my kid, but if anyone needs assistance on removal of a wood tick my memory is now refreshed just give me a call! If you want to know where we picked up this little hitch hiker read the post before this one. Yes I checked both of my kids for these before hand but must have missed this one or he must have gotten a ride home with us.Tsk tsk sorry little fella. This is not the sort of bug that you just put outside into freedom so that the next chance he gets he can jump a ride back into the house and his own personal dinner table, aka your body. You actually can't squash them either so burning is the only way to go.
If I had a better camera you would see the peice of Embrie's skin that this thing is carrying in it's mouth. Can't say I am sorry to see him go!
ahhhhhhhh! I am having a heart attack reading this! Glad you know what to do....so I guess we wont be going to the ranch anytime soon!
ReplyDeleteIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK! I have heebie jeebies now! I HATE bugs. The thought of one STUCK on my child would just be the worst thing ever! Glad you took care of it and killed that sucker!
ReplyDeleteI think it's funny you say this isn't the type of bug you put back outside...ummm those don't exist in my life. If you are a bug and I find you in my home you are as good as dead.
P.S. (I love you background but the black letters are kinda hard to read...do you know how to change that?)
As much as I hate and detest these little critters, I am willing to take the risk if it means I can be outside in the middle of nowhere with family. :) Still though. I can't imagine if I found one on Lucy. Yucky!
ReplyDelete