Friday, June 11, 2010

Stroller 5K


Our Stake puts on an annual free 5k. This year I decided to run it because having recently become a "runner" I must take advantage of free! I am still not sure why I pay to run . . .

This particular saturday I would be husbandless and therefore pushing a stroller, this is not my preference, which is why I didn't commit to running it until the day before. But misery loves company right? that is why I asked around and found a bunch of people that were also pushing their kids. So I decided to go for it.

- I consider running a race with a stroller (or even running period with a stroller) a BIG accomplishment! My previous 5k a dad passed me pushing a double stroller with 3 kids in it and they were all, not babies, but big kids! and yes I said he passed me! I totally clapped for him as he did!

Here is our stroller crew . . . there are three dads there and I will say to the credit of the ladies only one dad pushed a stroller the whole way. Go mommies!



What good little sports! they were excellent!


I was sort of dreading it but it actually surprised me, it wasn't too bad. The weather was perfect, my kids were good, we didnt have to run uphill. Finished in 33 mins and I can't ask for better really, I was pushing at the very least 65 pounds, (even if I was able to borrow a good jogging stroller.)


2 comments:

  1. Sure make me look like the slacker for having my hubby push the stroller! J/K -- you did great. i am not sure I would have finished if I had to push it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that was a good time. Why DO we pay to run? That is a great question! Good time!

    ReplyDelete