Monday, November 8, 2010

National Adoption Month


I have been blessed to know a handful of families that have been able to adopt, one of them within my own extended family. I have seen how much the lives of all involved can be blessed. So this month (and throughout the year) support Adoptive families and birth families!




We attended the '5th Annual Adoption Walk With Me' 5k last Saturday.
We wouldn't have known about it, but for my cousin and his wife and the 2 adorable boys that they have adopted. She hosts an adoption/family blog. Please check it out for information about adoption or how you can support adoption. She has a list of events going on this month for National Adoption Month. I'll include it at the end of this post.

A friend of mine, who recently adopted explained that you are not just bringing a child into your family to raise as you own but that they really are your children.

I believe that 110%


Dressed in Orange for "Orange you glad for adoption!"
You don't have to be an adoptive parent to support adoption!


2 comments:

  1. Ha I always forget I need to wait to post my word verification before i leave the page and I didnt save my comment! Ha.
    Anywho Adoption is the COOLEST. Steve's aunt and uncle adopted all 5 of there children. It's so neat that kids can have a loving mom AND dad that wouldn't have it otherwise. Also it's so amazing that see those deserving men and women get the chance to be the great parents that they are!
    And I LOVE the thanksgiving tree....what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so awesome that you guys went to the adoption walk. I'm sad we couldn't make it but I figure getting sealed to Adds was a pretty good excuse. Adoption is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete