Monday, June 27, 2011

Camping - Kind Of

Our friends and neighbors down the street had a little "camp-out" a couple weeks ago. Most of our yards on this street are not fenced in so we have a big area to pitch a tent. This was a really fun idea! Last year Garrett and Brad camped in our backyard just the two of them, this time we had friends and neighbors together it was really fun. And easy because if you forgot something you could just walk home and get it!



How many men does it take to start a camp fire?


Will it light?



Man has made fire!



We had hamburgers for dinner and what is camping without s'mores and roasted marshmallows?




The kids loved moving from tent to tent. They had a lot of fun together!






Now as for the sleeping in a tent part . . . Brad could not do it because he had to go to work early the next morning. I was planning on just going for the evening, coming home to sleep in our own beds, and then returning for breakfast in the morning. But before any of us could get out of the house Garrett was in their yard with his sleeping bag in tow. I guess you could say that my mind had been made up for me. So me (7 mo. pregnant) and the two kiddos slept in the tent. I was a little worried about being uncomfortable, but I am pretty much uncomfortable in my own bed anyway right? It was actually pretty good though. The air mattress fit us all nicely.

This was Embrie's first tent experience and she did pretty good except that she woke up at 5am. Of course she was a little confused and not quite ready to be awake so I had to work double time to get her to stop crying and keep her quiet so that we didn't wake everyone up. Finally after what I thought was probably an hour of us just whispering in the tent I decided we walk home and spend a little time there to make sure the kids were quiet enough. I thought it was about 6am when she woke up imagine how surprised I was when Brad was still home and just getting ready to leave - that is when I realized it had been about 5 when we woke up.
So Embrie had some cereal and we headed back to camp around 7am to wait for others to wake up.


Breakfast was doughnuts and muffins, juice and milk. Yum!


needless to say after staying up until 11pm and waking at 5am I carried Embrie home in my arms around 9am and she took a good 3 hour nap from there.
Then about 5pm that day Garrett zonked off for an hour. But it was worth it we had a lot of fun, just wish dad could have stayed to sleep in the tent.

I love our neighborhood and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment