Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Health Fair

The Hospital that Brad works at put on a free health fair day last month. Brad was there doing demonstrations and telling people about the MRI machine. He usually shows the people on the tours how magnetic the machine is by holding a metal dog leash and letting people see how strong the pull is toward the machine. Then he can show them some scans (pictures) taken by the MRI. I didn't get a picture of his demonstration, I guess I wasn't thinking BUT its a good thing the hospital got him to pose with this cougar (which they posted on the hospital facebook page) and I was able to snag it. I am sure he appreciates me sharing it.




We went with some good friends and toured through the hospital. There were some really fun things for the kids to do and information for the adults. They also did free testing for things like cholesterol etc. But we didn't really have time to do those things and I am sure that in my 'condition' I would not have gotten an accurate reading.

Here is Garrett learning how to do stitches!




In the teddy bear clinic they showed the kids some x-rays of broken bones and an x-ray of a teddy bear. Then they let each kid patch up a teddy bear to take home.




Embrie, Bailey, and Garrett with their bears who have broken arms and legs bandaged up.


Bailey was brave and let them do an ultrasound (I think) on her arm.


Garrett watched them do an ultra sound on a goldfish.


In the surgical department they got caps, masks, and gloves. They got to scrub in to go into the operating rooms. They had a light showing the germs on their hands. They washed and checked again to see how well they'd washed.


At the end we finally found where they were giving away free slushies in the Primary Childrens wing of the hospital. Where they told us moms how much liquids a child should have especially if dehydrated. They had more fun things there for the kids to look at and do. And by that time I think we were all ready to rest. But it was a lot of fun and very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment