Miss Embrie was very independent going up the steep trail by herself.

Jaxon, Garrett, Jerzee, Embrie, Reese

At bedtime the kids were going to sleep in their sleeping bags together on the main floor, but . . . it didn't quite work out that way.

I ended up taking Embrie to the loft with me because she wouldn't settle down and Brad slept with the kids and it turns out that is a good thing. Around 2am she started crying which unfortunately woke everyone up (that is what happens in a cabin) and then she started throwing up. So I ended up sleeping down with the kids on the floor and Embrie crashed on the couch and Brad went upstairs. We figured this was best because the kids sleep through more than the adults do and I am better at being hyper-aware of when a child will throw up. So I got probably 2 1/2 hrs. of sleep and I hope everyone else was able to get a little more than that. She threw up all night and had -other stomach issues- as well. So we were showering her off at 5:30am. Lucky for everyone else we were heading home the next day, but it sounds like a bunch of people got sick after we left. Oooops. :( I feel really bad about that. But of course we had no idea this would happen.

This was probably the sickest she has ever been. Poor girl. puking like crazy drained everything out of her. And then Garrett got it next . . .



ahhhh, throw up's are the worst for sure....especially when they sneak up on you like that. I love your term "hyper aware" because (although Katy has never really thrown up) I am like that when Chuck get's sick. That or I'm a light sleeper. Either way I can totally appreciate your hyper awareness! Hopefully you are feeling better and back to normal. Glad you got away for the holiday, just too bad you didn't enjoy it as much as you could have! :)
ReplyDelete