Friday, March 6, 2015

Let's Start Over : Garrett

Garrett. This young man was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day-Saints last June when he turned 8. He has grown up so much in the last year and a half. Right before my eyes I've seen him become more even tempered. He thinks things through. I can really say, now that I have seen it for myself, that 8 years old is the age at which young people can become accountable. Don't get me wrong he is still my wild man. Just as full of energy as ever he was! This year he has really become a football fanatic. I don't know where it came from. It wasn't his first time playing flag football, but some time from summer to now he has become an expert on the NFL (or at least a wannabe expert, he is after all still 8 years old). The only issue he seems to have is that he has too many favorite teams.









He started 3rd grade this year and has Ms. LeBeau as a teacher. I was a little worried. I mean to me 3rd grade is the year that school becomes a little harder. They really start having to learn more complex concepts. Would he still like school? Turns out I didn't need to worry about anything. He is doing just fine! Especially in math. Math has never been my best subject, but Brad on the other hand is a human calculator. While I was pregnant with Garrett I would literally pray that Garrett would get that trait from his dad. It turns out that maybe my prayers were answered! He has been able to easily learn and memorize his math facts. He is reading above grade level which is great too! His only trouble seems to come with his tendancy to become distracted. His teacher said that she loves the energy and enthusiasm he brings. Proud of this boy and all that he is learning. I'm so glad to say that he still loves school!

First Day of 3rd Grade

Grandparents Day with Grandma Sheri and Grandpa Blaine

Rain Gutter Regatta with the Cub Scouts 



Career Day at school - Garrett was a Truck Driver





No comments:

Post a Comment