Monday, September 7, 2009

Not-So-Quiet Time

Well, everyday we have what I call "quiet time". It is the new name for "nap-time" since a real nap became a thing of the past quite some time ago. Except on rare occasions when something magical happens in my house and a nap actually happens. I don't know what causes these usually un-heard of moments but I love it.
I usually put Garrett in his room for a bit of quiet time first and then shortly after I put Embrie down for her nap. I've told Garrett that he needs to use his whisper voice and not kick the walls or jump off his bed ect. because lets face it, quiet time really isn't that quiet with a 3 year old boy. (At least not with my 3 year old boy.) Now Embrie's room is right next door and that is a nap that I insist has to happen so Garrett usually needs a couple reminders to keep it down before his quiet time is up (if the magical sleepy fairy doesn't visit him).
A couple of days ago I had just put Embrie down and I was visiting Garrett's room for one of these "reminders" about being quiet because I could hear some thumps going on. I expected to come in and let him know I meant business and this is what I saw:

Garrett says "Look mom we're wearing hats!" Meaning of course, if you can't tell, Lightening McQueen (the one in the fire hat). I couldn't go on I just smiled and backed out of the door. I then retrieved my camera because this was something Ididn't want to forget it was too cute. When I came back he said "I'm wearing a cowboy hat and Lightening is wearing a fire hat. He is a fire car! and we're having a party!" I laughed and snapped a picture (now wishing I would have put his shorts back on before quiet time). Then I gently helped him get everything off his bed and told him he needed to be more quiet. After this funny turn of events the magic happened and he actually napped!

2 comments: