So we had what we call the Friend Party (because we usually have 2 one for family and one for friends).
This year we reached the age where I think I need to have parties where the parents can drop their kids off in my care (if they choose, but they of course are welcome to stay). So I invited the friends that he plays with the most and I also decided that it should have a theme and planned activites, sort of, rather than the usual run around like crazy people sort of party. (which by the way I know that kids also like.) I guess it was sort of a Big Kid party *sniff sniff*.
All things Lightning McQueen
here our pint size guests are panting some little wooden race cars
I had also planned a tire game in case of inclimate weahter which the meteorologists had threatened, but alas we didn't use it. I must get off my chest that I gave up on pool parties, which I have always done in the past assuming that in June it will be nice weather, I won't go into the one we all know about what happens when you assume!


And have a Lightning McQueen Cake!
Make a wish my sweet boy!
A pretty happy (spoiled) kid!



Love the cake!!! Very nice touch, you sure do know how to throw a party!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Garrett! Love the cake! And we love Lightning McQueen!
ReplyDeletewow! randi you are amazing! the cake is awesome!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe he is that big!! And you did a great job on the cake!!!
ReplyDeleteThat cake is amazing! It looks like a fun party!
ReplyDelete