Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stuck in the MUD!!!!

Ok so this was truly the funnest race I've run yet!

I think this is what happened to me!





I ran the Dirty Dash on the 25th.



It is a 10k obstacle course through mud and muck. When a friend and I decided to get a team together we thought this would be different and a lot of fun. As it crept closer I began to think that this would also be a tough race. It was both!





Here is team SWINE SISTERS before the race.
nice and squeaky clean


this is us just a 100 yards from the finish, we obviously didn't stay clean but that was the whole point right?



last obstacle before the finish






we did it!


a little hesitant, I don't blame him. hmmm what is that smell? well I am realizing that it may not have been only mud ....



you can literally see the awesomeness pouring off of us!
you might mistake it for dirt and water but I assure you it is awesomeness.



Ok to sum it up. It was so fun and great to run with a team, my first team race in a way mentally relaxing actually. I got to know 3 girls I didn't know before and they were all fun! And of course my friend and neighbor Amy (right behind me arms up) is always a blast to be around. The rule was to cross the finish line with your team!! (I did hear that several teams were seen carrying injured teammates across the line, yikes!)

The race itself ? Tough terrain. It was either up or down and sometimes often quite steep. It was flat in some places but those were usually where the obstacles were. It was challenging. The last mile was a killer for me. The obstacles were fun and we were often laughing at each other or ourselves. I am secretly counting more obstacles than are on that map ;)

Afterward I took the coldest shower I have ever had in my life! Clothes on of course. I mean skin burning cold. I am pretty sure I didn't need a wake-up call but it's the mountains and hoses, what can you do, right? At this moment I was very glad that mud was not caked in my hair.
I seriously was so sore after the race! I felt just as sore if not more than when I ran the 1/2 marathon. But it was worth it! I definitely want to run this again. And proceeds went to charity so it was good for all!

This day also marked that 18 years ago my dad died. Bitter sweet that I was able to do something fun on this day, but I dedicate my dirty preformace to him and am pretty sure he would've gotten a kick out of it!

5 comments:

  1. awesome job randi! that looks like a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I'd like to try that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randi, I couldn't have asked to run it with a funner person! I had a BLAST with you, and that is an understatement! Thanks for making me laugh so hard and pushing me when I needed it. We totally need to do this again. I'm so glad your mom could make it too....she is awesome. I cant believe your dad has been gone that long. I'm sure if nothing else he was laughing at us from heaven! Thanks again Randi!!!! We need to run together more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely does look like a ton of fun! Gotta love the mud and dirt and of course your team name. :) Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to honor Scott...he would have loved it!!! I want to do it next yr!

    ReplyDelete