Saturday, July 16, 2011

I still have a lot to learn

I can no longer out-run my 5 year old. (This is a dangerous thing. Please don't tell the 5 year old!)
Can you see your toes?

So . . . the last time I posted about my pregnancy I was sort of feeling sorry for myself. I don't think it was a total negative post but I know that I did a fair share of complaining. It was 2 days later that I found out that one of my best friends lost her baby at 15 weeks. This was her 2nd pregnancy loss in a row at about this far along. My heart broke for her. She is not the first friend of mine to loose a baby or struggle with being able to get pregnant. I have other good friends who have had similar hear ache.

I knew when I had written my 'complaints' that there were people who would think that I was very ungrateful. So many people struggle with infertility or pregnancy loss. I wrote them out anyway because I know that I am also entitled to my own feelings about my own body and situation. However, one of my first thoughts when she told me was "She deserves to be pregnant more than I do." Obviously I wouldn't give up my unborn baby for anything, but I felt very guilty. I still do for some reason. Wondering why this happens to some and not to others. There is no right or wrong answer or anyone to blame.

Since then this topic of pregnancy loss has come up a lot among our friends and family members and I have heard more stories of loss like this. I know that this thing has not happened to my dear friends in order to teach me a lesson, but it has taught me. I hope I am learning to be a more understanding and sensitive friend. I hope I am learning to be grateful for a healthy baby and a little less selfish. I am grateful each time I can hear my baby's heartbeat. I want my friends and loved ones to know how wonderful they are. These trials they've gone through are so difficult. I commend them for their strength and I know they have many blessings in store.

So here I am now with 4 weeks left. I am not entirely prepared here at the house, but working on it. We still can't think of a name that we agree on. I had a doctors appt. at 35 weeks. I am dilated to a 1. In my mind I believe that this baby will come around the same time Embrie did at about 38 weeks. I could be wrong. I am scheduled for an induction on the 8th of August. My actual due date is the 15th.

Brad and I have made some predictions (this is a tradition) because you have to turn it into a competition right?

Guesses:
Randi
Date: Aug 5th
Weight: 7 lbs 11 oz
Height: 19 in.
Hair: light brown
Eyes: blue

Brad
Date: Aug 8th
Weight: 7 lbs 2oz
Height: 19 in.
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Hazel


Anyone else have a guess? Does anyone have name suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Well It's hard to say why things happen sometime, but if we can learn from them...it's a good thing. I know you will be a great mom. Also I think being pregnant, while such a blessing, is still hard on your body! So with that being said, you are a SUPER cute mommy and I think my predictions about your baby is that she will be beautiful! My mom's birthday is on the 3rd and my sisters is on the 6th so those are good days to have a kido in my opinion! Cant wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete