I've been talking about recovering my ottoman for over a year now. And I finally did it! This thing is only a few years old but it didn't take long for it to get ruined unfortunately by my kiddos.
Now here are my before pictures. You can't see all of the damage in this picture, but I will just inform that it was stained, by water and whatever else, as well as it had been jumped on leaving it flat and with baggy material, also the button holes were being ripped. Now don't worry we've since had a very long discussion about how we treat things (ok so we've had many discussions and I am sure not for the last time, but rest assured we don't jump on furniture anymore or even have drinks out of the kitchen.)
No damage on the inside

I wanted to do as little sewing as possible and I wanted to keep the inside the same and keep all the mesh material intactand usable. I just wanted to replace the foam and fabric.

So I pulled all the staples and out took the hardware off. Brad and I decided that though I had bought a foam pad to use as extra cushion, that it would need more reinforcement since we wanted people to be able to sit on it if needed. So Brad built a support using scraps we already had, a few support beams cut from a 2x2 or something and a cut peice of partical board. He nailed that into the seat and I placed the foam on top. I picked out my fabric at Ikea.
Ta-da! What do you think?

Now I don't think its professional grade re-apholstry or anything, but it looks better than it used to and it matches what I have been trying to transform my living room into for the past couple of years.

oh my goodness!!! i love the gray! it looks amazing randi! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's amazing! Great job!
ReplyDeleteWow! looks great!
ReplyDeleteThat looks awesome Randy! Nice job!!
ReplyDeleteRedoing an ottoman lid is next on my todo list! Yours turned out great!
ReplyDeleteThat is beautiful! I love it! Great job!
ReplyDeleteSo awesome! Love the material, you are welcome to my house anytime.....seriously come over now! I have plenty for you to do :)
ReplyDelete