I feel pretty good about our gardens this year. We did mostly seed planting so we spent some time vamping up our soil, which is a lot like clay, and getting it ready earlier this spring. We planted a whole new flower garden as well as vegtables. Our flowers looked good I'd say they all grew to be pretty big and most of them were seeds. Our vegetables did really well too. We got a ton of zucchini and a good amount of tomatos and peppers. Unfortunately, I forgot to cover them the other night and therefore what was left of them is now ruined . . . all but one last crop. A neighbor reminded me about them by asking what they were.
While choosing our seeds at the store Garrett kept bringing me carrots so I decided that could be our little project together. So I took pictures at the beginning and then some at the end.
He helped me plant the seeds.

He helped water them.

And he helped pick them too!

I was impressed, we got a pretty nice haul on the carrots!
I didn't think I thinned them out enough. I thought they would turn out pretty whimpy or way mutated. They acutally weren't too bad a couple were probably store worthy, but most were about mid size. I was impressed with them anyway.
Good for you Randi!!! I am super impressed!! I want a garden!
ReplyDelete